Board of Selectmen
November 3, 2021
I would like to thank all the Newtown Voters who participated in yesterday’s [11/2] election and for your support.
Thank you also to all the candidates who ran for an office who are willing to volunteer their time and efforts to serve Newtown.
I am honored to be elected and look forward to serving Newtown on the Board of Selectmen with Dan Rosenthal and Maureen Crick Owen.
I grew up in Newtown and attended Newtown Schools graduating in the NHS Class of 1975. I have lived here most of my life except for Military Service. Met my wife Carey here and we raised 4 children all of them attending Newtown Schools and playing on youth sports teams. Newtown was a great town to grow up in and raise a family. Since retiring, my favorite thing to do now is spend time with our 3 grandsons and our dog June.
As a member of the Board of Selectmen my priorities would be to maintain a responsible town budget which takes into account the tax burden on all its Newtown residents, including our senior citizens. I would use my oversight authority to ensure taxpayer funds are spent wisely and appropriately. I believe as a town we must continue to plan and work for increasing economic development and the tax base. This is so important as Newtown moves forward. Working together I believe we can continue to make Newtown a prosperous community and a great place to live.
· Highly tenured Plumbing and Heating Contractor
· Skilled at diagnosing system failures to quickly resolve problems
· Ability to manage all aspects of a project plan and insure on time completion
· Experienced in preparing company budgets, pricing projects, managing account receivable and payable
· Licenses and Certifications to include;
P-1 CT Plumbing Contractor License
S-3 CT Heating Contractor License
MG1 CT Medical Gas Contractor
OSHA 500 Construction Safety Certification
Level 1 Rigger Certification Millstone Nuclear Plant
American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector
· Safety Coordinator for a large Mechanical Contractor responsible for the implementation, compliance, and enforcement of company and OSHA safety policies. Interact with state and federal agencies along with customer’s safety departments. Conduct inspections and training.
· US Navy Chief Petty Officer, retired, 30 years active/reserve service.
· In 2009-2010 Operation Iraqi Freedom. Served in a Navy Construction Battalion as Quality Control Inspector and Bravo Company CPO managing Seabees in performance of base operation and construction projects. Worked with US and Coalition forces.
· Served as Church Trustee for 20 years
· Coached local youth soccer teams
I believe my leadership, work, and business experience plus the ability to work with others make me well qualified to be on the Board of Selectmen.
If you would like to reach out to me, please email at: email@example.com