Legislative Council District 3
Eighteen years ago my wife and I made the decision to move our young family away from the hustle of lower Fairfield county to Newtown. What drew us to Newtown was quite simple – the shared sense of family. No matter what size, shape, religion your family takes you have to admire the investment Newtown puts into fostering a community with core family values – respect, kindness, togetherness, growth. Our schools, our town parks, the NYA, the Edmond Town Hall Theatre, the Labor Day Parade, Halloween on historic Main Street, even The Creamery and Holy Cow – these are just a few of the threads that pull our community together.
In the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School we started The Sandy Hook Arcade Center as an outlet for families - a way to connect with each other. An idea conceived out of a passion for pinballs and built by the goodness of human nature, what started as a way to give back really turned into a life enhancing experience for my family. The SHAC was also the catalyst that drove me to take a more active role in our community.
Since 2013 I have been an active member of the Board of Managers at the Edmond Town Hall. Earlier this year I was elected as co-chair for the Newtown Community Center Commission. Both of these positions have given me the opportunity to see how our town organizations interact with each other and the community at large.
With two children ages 18 and 16 we have been navigating the school systems, sports and other activities for nearly nine years. This is what has drawn me to running for the Board of Education and now Legislative Council. I believe through my business experience and community experience I can lend to the mission of the Legislative Council.
I spent over 10 years in the advertising industry developing and managing multi-million dollar media accounts for such high profile brands as US Army, Dr. Pepper, Priceline, Mattel, Pitney Bowes and Lego.
For the past 16 years I have managed my own business, providing direct marketing services to many local and non-profit organizations such as Darien Board of Education, A Better Chance - Darien, Darien EMS-Post 53 and the United Way.
Through my community service and business I have built a strong foundation in marketing, budgeting/forecasting and management that I feel will serve me well as a member of the Board of Education.
- Newtown Community Center Commission - 2014 - 2015, Current Co-Chair
- Newtown Park and Rec Basketball coach 2015
- Newtown Babe Ruth Softball coach 2015
- Edmond Town Hall Board of Managers 2013-current
- Sandy Hook Arcade Center Co-Founder 2013
- Principle owner and Managing Director – New England Media Group 2003 to present
- Media Director – Pitney Bowes, 2001-2003
- Senior Media Director – WebHouse, a division of Priceline 2001
- Advertising Media Buying Management - Young & Rubicam, True North, Ammirati Puris Lintas, Interpublic Group 1992-2001
- Sports Production, ESPN and CBS Sports – 1990-1992
- Bachelor of Economics, 1990 Southern Methodist University
- Newtown resident for 14 years
- Husband to Lori and father to Tyler (14) and Jillian (12)
- Avid golfer
- New York Giants Fan