Edmond Town Hall Board of Managers
I have been a member of the Board of Managers of Edmond Town Hall since December 2010. I filled a vacancy, was elected for the remainder of the vacancy term in 2011, and would like to continue to fill a seat on the Board for the coming full term.
While I have been a member of the ETH Board I have learned a great deal about the structural and management needs of Newtown’s historic Edmond Town Hall at 45 Main Street. Since its dedication 84 plus years ago, the generosity of Mary Hawley, the vigilance of Board leaders and members and the support of the leadership and citizens of Newtown have kept this magnificent building alive.
It is my hope that I can continue to help create continued financial viability and structural integrity of Edmond Town Hall. To achieve that I feel that the Board needs to provide a building which has the latest technological updates to maintain and attract tenants/performers for the available space. It is my plan to work with my fellow Board members to achieve that goal.
- Incumbent Member, Edmond Town Hall Board of Managers
- 54 year Newtown resident
- Worked over 32 years in Edmond Town Hall -12 years as Clerk of the Newtown Probate Court (plus 2 years as assistant Clerk) and 18 and one-half years as the Judge of Probate, retiring in 2009.
- President of Newtown Business and Professional Women’s Club 1994-95
- Present of Connecticut Business and Professional Women’s Clubs 1995-96
- Clerk of the Newtown Board of Selectmen
- Clerk of the Board of Finance